50 miles east of Dalls on Hwy 80 at FM 859
The Museum is located just four blocks north of Hwy 80 on FM 859 (Houston Street).
According to the Texas State Travel Guide, Edgewood began because of a dispute between Canton and Wills Point over location of the Van Zandt County Seat. Canton citizens wanted a shipping point other than Wills Point. They built a nine-mile road to a siding on the T & P Railroad in 1878 and Edgewood was born there. In 1890 a group from Mississippi chose the town in which to settle and by 1915 the population had grown to 850.